Pinwheel reads unsolicited poetry submissions once per year during the month of May. Please read through our full guidelines below, then send us your very best!
Thank you for considering Pinwheel as a potential home for your poems. We consider unsolicited submissions every May. When submitting to Pinwheel, please follow the following guidelines:
- Read poems from our most recent issue and ARCHIVE to get a feel for the journal.
- Submissions should consist of 3-5 poems (up to 10 pages). We look at excerpts from longer poems, too.
- Use a standard font type (Times New Roman, etc.) and size (12 point).
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, as long as you let us know immediately via a Submittable note.
- Do not send us previously published poems.
- Only one submission per open reading period.
- Any unsolicited submissions sent to us outside of our submission period will be discarded.